Photo /SU

Photo taken 23/10/2011 @ Helsinki motorway
"I am not your rolling wheels, I am the highway"
(Audioslave)

6/29/2012

Day 8: Today felt like Monday all over again! (And tips how to travel lightly)T


(Wed 27/6/2012)

Phew, what a long day studying. I'm beat.
- History lesson in the morning with Daniel Thorleifs. Learnt about the GRL fishing industry, collapse of the torsk industry (Atlantic Cod), economics, KGH = Kongelige Grønlands Handel, The Royal Greenland Trading Dept. I liked Daniel's presentation a lot, it was interesting and interactive. Looking forward to learning more on Friday! 

Then we had:
- lunch
- GRL literature x4 hours (!). Luckily we had coffee.
- GRL language
- long session surfing online!

We had in total spent 10 hours at the university. By the time that we left the last bus had already gone… It takes 35-45minutes to walk to the uni, so we (Mareike & me) decided to hitch hike! We walked pretty far with our thumbs in the air, but then we got a ride with a local driving elderly people from the airport. The driver was very kind - and we probably looked like harmless and proper school kids with our backpacks:)

But during today I finally got online and to surf the Internet! So nice. And at this very moment I should be reading a novel OR studying GRL, but it's more fun to update my diary:) Well, maybe I should study now, then sleep.

Links:
Torsk (Atlantic Cod)


This is my tip on how to travel light.
Pack very small things! :)
I had many small tester perfumes,
that you can throw in the garbage when they're empty:)
The tooth paste is just for fun, found it at Stockmann accidentally!
(products: Perrot, IsaDora, Marc Jacobs)

No comments: