Photo /SU

Photo taken 23/10/2011 @ Helsinki motorway
"I am not your rolling wheels, I am the highway"
(Audioslave)

4/01/2012

Stockholm (Nov 2011)

Finally! This is my retrospective of some fun trips that I've done about A HALF A YEAR AGO. I know. I should  do updates more often!

So this bit is about my trip to Stockholm with Pictura, a photo club at Åbo Akademi University in Turku, my home town. For the record, I'm not at all happy with the way my photos turned out! I was too busy thinking about and writing a job application during this weekend, and this haunted my mind... Not good. Especially since I didn't get the job!:(

In short, this was our plan:
- Thursday evening: departure with Viking Line 
- Friday morning: arrival, staying at Scandic Malmen (very good location)
- Saturday: Photo fair
- Sunday: guided tour in the Stockholm subway/metro (the most interesting part!). The tour was on the blue line. If you're interested in a art tour in the Stockholm metro, you can find more info here (see link!).  You can do the tour by yourself (d.i.y.) or with a group it's better to book a tour with the guides.

Day 1, Friday (18.11.2011)

View from Kulturhuset, next to Sergels torg (Sergels square)

View from Kulturhuset, next to Sergels torg (Sergels square)

Evening walk.
Found this store. They sell books and stuff, mostly with a feminist and/or queer agenda.
I had seen the adverts when searching books for my studies.

Day 2, Saturday (19.11.2011)

Leaving for the photo fair. Söder train station.

Söder train station.

At photo fair.

Sorry for the nudity!:) I do not own the rights to this picture.
I salute Elisabeth Ohlson Wallin for her presentation and courage! (see link)

Captivated by Elisabeth.

Evening walk.

We went out for a beer in the evening.
My camera couldn't handle the poor light so here's a detail of the bar...

Day 3, Sunday (20.11.2011)


Our guide had a belly-radio!

Starting the tour.

Kungsträdgården (King's garden) metro station.

Kungsträdgården

Kungsträdgården

Kungsträdgården

Kungsträdgården

In transfer.

For the ones without a sense of direction.

Can't remember where this was... But the signs say exit to Drottninggatan.

Stairway to hell?! Rådhuset metro station

Rådhuset metro station


Rådhuset metro station

Rådhuset metro station

Stadshagen metro station

Vreten metro station

Sundbybergs centrum metro station

Sundbybergs centrum metro station

Rissne metro station. The idea was that the different color pipes represent different countries and/or continents. The pipes have also a timeline.

Rissne metro station telling what happened year 500BC in Rome.

Rissne metro station.
"Through bishops and county priests the Pope's authority reaches every corner of Europe. In the 12th century there are over 2000 convents in western and eastern Europe. They offer work for craftsmen, refuge for the persecuted, care for the poor, shelter for the traveling and schooling for the children. They also test new methods in agricultre and function as centers for education."

Rissne metro station. "Plague reaches Europe".
The photos from the metro stations are a bit too edited, or what do you think? 




No comments: